- How you do which node is active and which is passive. What are the criteria for deciding the active node?
- What is the default Port No on which SQL Server listens?
- What is meant by Active-Passive and Active-Active clustering setup?
- What are the two authentication modes in SQL Server?
- What is RAID levels? Which one we have to choose for SQL Server user databases?
- Q. Does SQL Server Upgrade Advisor analyze remote instances?
We use this feature while creating the always on availability group. Following are some “sql server 2008 dba interview questions” to help you in interviews. Here are SQL Server interview questions and answers for fresher as well as experienced candidates to get their dream job.
During his tenure at SentryOne, Jason has served as senior software developer and founded both Client Services and Product Management. His diverse background with relevant technologies made him the perfect choice to build out both of these functions.
How you do which node is active and which is passive. What are the criteria for deciding the active node?
You need to manually perform additional steps to change the database physical file names. Notice that the inner query relates to the outer query on the employee ID, thus making it a correlated sub-query. The inner query will be evaluated once per outer query row. Analysis service is on 2382 but only if it’s a default install. It is used to manage different transactions occurring within a database.
- Triggers are automatically triggered or executed when the data is modified.
- This question is a great way to see if the candidate has experience working with SQL.
- There can be only one clustered index per table, because the data rows themselves can be sorted in only one order.
- If you’re getting ready for an upcoming SQL interview, going over these SQL Server DBA interview questions and answers can help you ace it.
- Learn what skills and qualities interviewers are looking for from a SQL database administrator, what questions you can expect, and how you should go about answering them.
Contains all the system-level information for an instance of SQL Server. The master database is the most important as it is necessary for starting the SQL Server. System databases are used to manage SQL Server and contain information about the SQL Server system like logins, databases, linked servers, jobs, schedules, reports, etc. This question allows you to show your knowledge of database security and how it can be used to protect information.
What is the default Port No on which SQL Server listens?
Any record deleted from SQL Server is not actually deleted from its physical data pages but marked as “To BE DELETED” or “GHOSTED” by changing a bit in the row header. These records will be cleaned up by an internal process that is called the ghost cleanup process. I’ve been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before. Understand that whole table would be locked for the processing thenn this is better to use TABLOCK hint and get complete table blocked. This is a nice way to avoid the wastage of sql server DB engine processing for lock escalation.
Behind the scenes: A day in the life of a database administrator – TechRepublic
Behind the scenes: A day in the life of a database administrator.
Posted: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 07:00:00 GMT [source]
SQL Server detects the situation after four denials and refuses further shared locks. A livelock also occurs when read transactions monopolize a table or page, forcing a write transaction to wait indefinitely.
What is meant by Active-Passive and Active-Active clustering setup?
Needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding. Open the properties window of the target SQL Server instance by accessing its SQL Server service running in the configuration manager. Windows System Administrator Interview Questions – how to find the right candidates to manage backups, network infrastructures, and desktop support. SQL Server 2005 databases are compatible with SQL Server 2008. Agent Service is a dependent service, so it will stop first agent and then SQL services. The only way if we want to get a backup is by using Windows backup for option resource MDF and IDF files. The packages and the config files are stored in a directory of our choice.
Also, TDE can protect the database backups of the instance on which TDE was setup. The only time the data rows in a table are stored in sorted order is when the table contains a clustered index. When a table has a clustered index, the table is called a clustered table. If a table has no clustered index, its data rows are stored in an unordered structure called a heap. In the third part of the SQL Server Administration interview series we will outline questions suitable for a DBA interview to assess the candidates skills. These questions primarily relate to database backups, internal database storage, index rebuilds and database extent modification.
Consider approaches to continuous monitoring as well as how you troubleshoot using performance metrics. Think about getting ahead by performing proactive performance analysis and how you might prevent downtime vs reacting to it. In this video you will be able to learn how to answer interview question related to “What is IO Affinity in SQL server”. Please visit this link for our video answers for what is sql dba. If you don’t see the Video Answer written in front of some of them, hover over the question, you might find the text answer. Ask for a List of Servers – DBA candidates need to ask as many questions as they answer during the interview.
- Any DBMS supports single users, while RDBMS supports multiple users.
- It’s important to note that if you use Windows Authentication, you will not be able to log in.
- Tempdb –tempdb database will have temporary objects like local and global temporary tables and stored procedures as well.
- SQL Profiler is a tool which allows system administrator to monitor events in the SQL server.
- Changing the physical database file name is multistep activity.
- Interpersonal skills in working with software developers, business analysts, executives, vendors, and external customers will be key.